Thursday, August 20, 2026

Your Friendly Neighborhood Spideys!

I went and saw Spider-Man: Brand New Day in theatres and finally watched Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. All I can say is that I want more Spider-Man and that's as someone who doesn't exactly have superhero fatigue but maybe just shutting down by there being too much. That changes when it comes to Spidey, and honestly it's worth it. Brand New Day might be the best live action Spider-Man movie out there, and the Spider-Verse movies are the best Spidey movies. There are problems with both, I won't deny it, but they are inconsequential to the overall enjoyment of Spidey. He's truly a fun, emotional, and meaningful hero to watch. 

I know it's easy to bag on a couple of the Spidey movies, but honestly I enjoy them all, even Amazing Spider-Man 2. For your "traditional" comic-book movies, These are up there with the newest Superman for me in the best of the best. The non-traditional are the outstanding films like Dredd, Tintin, Akira, and Hellboy that are a bit out of the normal when you think of comic book films.



Do yourself a favor and watch a Spidey today!

Brand New Day 9/10
Across the Spiderverse 9/10



No comments:

Post a Comment